peppermint and chocolate | a Christmas classic
peppermint patty brownies
When I was a new wife and mother, I may have gone a bit overboard with my holiday food preparations. The longer the list of ingredients and the more labor intesive the better. If I wasn’t cursing and breaking a sweat, well it just wasn’t good enough.
Do you remember when Martha Stewart came out with her baby and kids magazine? Oh how I LOVED that magazine. Every year Charlie had a cake from that magazine.
An ocean cake complete with fish cookies and a boat. A GIANT lion, butter cream mane and all.
Bread, crackers, dips,candy all made 100% from scratch for every get together big or small.
What was I thinking…
These days I’ve learned it doesn’t have to be difficult or take days to make to make it delicious and holiday worthy.
These brownies are a perfect example.
Take your favorite recipe for brownies (this is my go to for a fudgy brownie or you can use a box) and 12 peppermint patties
Pour half the brownie batter in your baking pan, add the peppermint patties, top with the remaining batter, bake, and there you have it.
Peppermint and chocolate, the classic Christmas combo, in a delicious brownie that took almost no effort whatsoever.
The hardest part about making peppermint patty brownies…waiting for them to cool completely before cutting, but trust me, you NEED to wait.
- 1 recipe of brownies ( homemade or a box)
- 12 mini peppermint patties
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- line a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with foil
- pour half of the brownie batter in the prepared pan
- top with the peppermint patties
- cover with the remaining batter
- bake according to your brownie recipe or package directions
- allow brownies to cool completely before cutting
With the holidays getting busier and busier every year, easy is definitely the way to go.