Caprese Style Pizza Bites

StumbleUponLinkedInShare

Caprese Pizza Bites

the perfect antidote to the same old pizza night blahs

caprese pizza bites

Friday night has been pizza night for as long as I can remember. My kids look forward to it all week, and it’s one of the only meals that I know will not get any complaints.

But like I just said, we’ve had pizza night for a LONG time.

I make 2 pizzas

every Friday

every week

That’s a lot of pizza, and it can getting pretty boring for the pizza maker, especially when the fussy one eats hers with  just sauce and cheese.

pizza bites baking

Sometimes, I need to shake things up a bit…call me crazy.

These bites use the same dough recipe

and the same toppings

rolled up in a cute little ball

with the sauce on the side to dip

{my kids LOVE to dip just about anything}

caprese pizzabites

Caprese Style Pizza Bites

Ingredients

• pizza dough {enough to make two small or 1 large pizza}
  • pizza sauce
  • 16 grape tomatoes
  • fresh mozzarella in bite size pieces {about 3 per pizza bite}
  • 16 basil leaves
  • olive oil for brushing tops
  • 1 - 2 tbsp grated Parmesan

Instructions

• Once your pizza dough has risen , divide it into 16 pieces
  • roll each into a ball
  • press one tomato, one basil leaf, and two or three cheese bites into each ball
  • pinch the edges to seal
  • place seam side down on a baking sheet
  • brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan
  • bake in a pre-heated oven @425 for 15 - 18 minutes {watch them closely for the last few minutes so they don't get too brown}
  • be careful....the insides are VERY hot
  • serve with the warmed sauce on the side
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

caprese pizza bites

We made half caprese, and then the kids filled the rest with cheese and pepperoni, but you could fill them with any of your favorite pizza toppings.

I see goat cheese and prosciutto in my future.

Enjoy!

caprese bites

Comments

1. says

Delicious!!
    I feel your pain with the abundance of pizza-making. We also have pizza just about every week, and it gets old. We love switchin’ it up and making pizza bites!

2. says

Love this! I try to make all our pizza homemade, but it’s so time consuming. We take short cuts on the crust pretty often by buying the ready made dough from the bakery.

3. says

I know how you feel about the pizza… my boyfriend’s favorite food is pizza so whenever we can’t think of anything to eat, pizza it is! I love that these are little pillows of pizza. So wonderful. I will definitely be making some of these!

4. says

Oh my gosh Heather, these are wonderful!!! One can only make so much pizza! This is such a wonderful change. Love the little bursting tomatoes just peaking out!

5. says

Oh my goodness, could you make any more gorgeous food than this? Breathtaking, and I bet it tastes as good as it looks. You go momma!
    (fellow #sofab member – mckinneymomas) Come visit me!

6. says

These look to die for!!

Thanks for linking up to Whimsy Wednesday! Your project has been featured this week on my blog!

Also, you can add your project {or any project} to my website. I feature them on my main slider on the home page…follow this link to submit your project!

Grab a button if you like…

Trackbacks