Peppermint Bark Brownies

StumbleUponLinkedInShare
peppermint bark brownies

Maybe it’s just me,
but I feel like the Christmas season starts earlier and earlier each year.

It used to begin right after Thanksgiving.
You’d start seeing the holiday displays
Lights would go up
Christmas music would be on the radio.

Now, right after Halloween
Christmas shopping season is in full swing.
Last weekend the malls were already  blaring Christmas Music.

I’ll admit, it may be early, but
it did get me in the holiday mood.

So much so that I made
peppermint bark brownies.

I may not be ready to deck the halls
…I really enjoy celebrating Thanksgiving first.

That doesn’t mean I can’t make merry
with my sweets:)

Enjoy!

Peppermint Bark Brownies:
1 recipe of your favorite brownies
{baked}
1 bag of white chocolate chips
{10 oz}
crushed peppermint candies

as soon as the brownies come out of the oven
top with the chips
let them sit for about a minute,
and when you see they are melting,
smooth with a spatula {an offset spatula works the best}
top with the crushed candies

allow to cool in the fridge,
so that the chocolate will harden
before you cut them into squares

Comments

1. says

Those look so good! I wish I wasn’t the only one in my house that likes peppermint. I still may make these though.

I agree, Christmas gets earlier every year. I work in retail…and my store had Christmas out the first week of September. Way too early for me.

2. says

Christmas does seem to get here earlier and earlier each year. I think Americans are all about looking forward to the next big thing instead of just stopping and enjoying where they are at the moment. Even food bloggers feel the pressure to be posting way ahead of the seasons just to be the next big thing. Although I wouldn’t mind a big piece of that brownie, maybe it would make me forget about how I can’t stand Thanksgiving being forgotten!!!

3. says

It’s hard for me to get into the holiday spirit so quickly after Halloween since I usually still have pumpkins laying around. However, I think these brownies will help me not be a grinch. With chocolate plus peppermint, how can they not?

4. says

Chocolate and peppermint… one of my favorite combos during the holidays! This is for certain going on my holiday baking list! Going to have to make as gifts,too! I know what you mean about Christmas coming too early. Hate that. Can we at least let Thanksgiving have it’s ‘day’?

5. says

These look beautiful! Love that the frosting for these brownies is white chocolate and peppermints, so simple, so perfect! I’m behind this year on the holidays. I still can’t accept that next week is Thanskgiving!

6. says

Ok! This is my favorite combination. I love those Ghirardelli candy cane chocolates. Can’t wait to make these. Pinning! Stopping by from Six Sisters. Hope to see you at True Aim!

7. says

I have to admit… I’ve been avoiding clicking on your link b/c I knew it would mean the death of my dieting days. Annnnnnd, I’m right! ;) these look awesome – I love peppermint choc anything!!