The BEST {guilt free} Cheesecake

Today is National Cheesecake Day.

Perfect reason for making one I suppose.
I have only made a few, and they do not turn out all that well.
If you have a secret to a crack free cheesecake, please share.

On a completely different subject, the scale has NOT been my friend lately, so I set about to create a cheesecake that would  not require 2 hours on the treadmill to burn off.
I still wanted it to taste like cheesecake.
Many “guilt-free” cheesecake recipes call for ricotta, or goat cheese, and to me this is not an acceptable substitution.
I think my mini {portion controlled} cheesecakes taste like the real deal, and those little cracks, easy to cover up with berries.
For the crust:
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup of almond meal
1/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
For the Filling:
8 oz of light cream cheese
1/2 cup of non-fat Greek style yogurt
2 tbsp honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
preheat the oven to 300F
line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
combine the cracker crumbs, almond meal, honey, and coconut oil
stir until well combined
place about 1 tablespoon in each liner and press into the bottom of the cup
In a food processor combine all of the filling ingredients and pulse until the filling is smooth
(this only takes about a minute)
pour evenly over each crust
bake for 25 minutes

cool to room temperature and then chill  until ready to serve
top with fresh berries

A cheesecake that you can feel good about enjoying!

Comments

1. says

Look at how cute those are!! I am a cheesecake fanatic. I always asked my mom to make me a cheesecake for my birthday instead of a real cake because I loved it so much. Can’t wait to try these little beauties!

2. says

Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

Ps I am your newest follower

3. says

I’m always looking for “guilt-free” recipes, especially since I’ve started trying to eat healthier and become a better me! This recipe is definitely going to be pinned and maybe sometime soon made:)

4. says

These look super delish…love that they are mini {big slices of cheesecake are too rich for me}…would be great for parties! Thanks for sharing the recipe :~)

5. says

Great idea to use yogurt in the cheesecake to make it more figure friendly!! I will have to remember that for sure!! When we bake cheesecakes, we always put a deep cookie pan on the rack under the cheesecake and fill it with water. It steams up around the cheesecake and helps keep it from cracking. (but every once in a while it will still crack and then I just top it with lots of chocolate ganache:-)

6. says

Heather,
    Love this recipe! I love cheesecake in any form and I can’t wait to try this lighter one. Looks delish! Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday each week. I appreciate YOU! Can’t wait to see what you link up next :)
    Michelle

7. says

These are adorable, I love the mini size :) I wanted to thank you for submitting this to Recipe Sharing Monday last week. The new party is up this morning and I’d love it if you joined us again. Have a great week!

8. Gin says

These cheesecakes are so pretty!!! I’ve made cheesecakes in cupcake liners for big functions. I like my desserts to stay pretty. To prevent them from cracking, cook them in a water bath.