Chocolate Graham Crackers

I think that most moms would agree, graham crackers make a great go-to snack.

You can eat them plain like a cracker, or you can dress them up like a cookie.

They go just as well with applesauce as they do with chocolate and marshmallows.

In a word ~ perfect.

I LOVE mine with peanut butter:)

You know what else goes well with peanut butter…
Chocolate.

Chocolate graham crackers to be exact.

For the crackers:

1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp honey

Do:

Cream the butter with the brown sugar
add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and the cocoa powder
add the honey and the milk

mix just until ingredients are combined  (will form a ball in the bowl)

wrap and chill for at least 15 minutes

pre-heat the oven to 350F
roll the dough into a rectangle (about 1/4 – 1/8 inch – but really who measures)
cut into squares or rectangle using a pizza cutter

sprinkle with about 3 tsp of raw sugar (this is optional)
bake on a parchment lined sheet for 15 – 20 minutes
when you smell the chocolate – they  are most likely done
watch them carefully because the bottoms will burn

Enjoy plain

or like me…
with pb and berries!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

1. says

Chocolate graham cracker – I love that
    We don’t have it here and it would be great to make these at home
    Thanks for sharing!

2. says

Ok, there’s something about peanut butter and chocolate that just goes together. that last photo has me drooling. So impressed that you made your own CHOCOLATE graham crackers. They look amazing

3. says

Hello Heather,
    We all love graham crackers in our family. This recipe looks and sounds super yummy. I am pinning it to my Pinterest food boards. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, Paula

4. says

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I live in Sydney, and as yet I’ve been unable to source graham crackers. Now that I have a recipe for them, I will be able to make lots of goodies that I find recipes for that require them! Looking forward to trying them. :)

5. says

I absolutely HAVE to make these … and SOON! They look delicious and there is just something about homemade graham crackers :) I am so excited that you shared these at the {what’s shakin’ link party}!!

6. says

Chocolate Graham crackers are so hard to find around here but I love using them for pie crusts, Now I can just make my own. Love that you’re using whole wheat flour, even makes them a bit healthier. Pinned!

Trackbacks